Paid links and other forms of web spam
Google's most recent activities focused on paid links spam. However, that's not the only form of spam that will get you in trouble with Google. Earlier this year, Google announced that they are going to fight web spam stronger than before in 2011.
In addition to paid links, Google considers the following spam:
- made for AdSense websites that consist of scraped content
- cloaking and false redirects (Google gets other pages than real web surfers)
- keyword stuffing and pages loaded with irrelevant words
- hidden text or hidden links
- misspellings of well-known websites
- fully automated, unrelated and centralised link farms
- other methods that try to trick search engines
All of these methods have one thing in common: they worked well in the past and they enabled you to quickly get high rankings on Google. However, these methods also have in common that Google can discover them.
Websites that use these methods will be penalised sooner or later.
Search engine optimisation methods that are safe to use
Spammy search engine optimisation methods will get your website in trouble. It doesn't help to have a big name (J. C. Penney or Forbes) and it also does not help to display AdWords ads on your website.
If you want to get lasting results, you have to use ethical search engine optimisation methods that are beneficial to website owners, web surfers and search engines.
Ethical search engine optimisation leads to a symbiotic relationship:
- Search engines: They win as they are provided with pages that are easy to understand and that contain the quality information that their visitors search for.
- Searchers: They win as they are getting what they ask for from the search engines. They search for "green widgets" and get a page about green widgets.
- website owners: They win as they are getting quality visitors who are interested in what their website has to offer.
The following search engine optimisation methods are safe to use and they lead to lasting results:
- optimisation of existing web pages, HTML code and web page contents
- creating good content for your website
- organic link building to get high quality backlinks
If you use these methods to optimise your web pages, your website will get lasting results. It takes longer to get high rankings with ethical search engine optimisation methods but your website will be safe.
For an informal chat about Search Engine Optimisation for your website?
Call us now on +44 (0) 870 0429 240 for an informal chat about your project or get in touch by requesting a quote.